PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE (2019) - Lesbian Interest Movie (Marianne and Heloise)


Marianne and Héloïse

Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Portrait de la jeune fille en feu) is a lesbian interest film released in 2019 that concerns Marianne who travels to an isolated island in Brittany, France to take up her commission to paint Héloïse at the end of the 18th century. Héloïse's mother wants Héloïse married off to a Milanese nobleman and requests Marianne to paint Héloïse's portrait in secret while pretending to be her companion. After a time Marianne begins to develop feelings for Héloïse and decides she cannot betray her trust any longer. This confession brings the pair together on a basis of trust and allows them to develop a deep connection.

>Marianne: I thought you had been scared off.
Héloïse: You were right. I am scared. Do all lovers feel they're inventing something? I know the gestures. I imagined it all, waiting for you.
Marianne: You dreamt of me?
Héloïse: No. I thought of you.

Marianne and Heloise in Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019) Movie on the beach
Marianne and Heloise (Portrait of a Lady on Fire, 2019)

Portrait of a Lady on Fire Movie Quote
Héloïse: I feel something new.
Marianne: What?
Héloïse: Regret.
Marianne: Don't regret. Remember. I'll remember when you fell asleep in the kitchen.
Héloïse: I'll remember your dark look when I beat you at cards.
Marianne: I'll remember the first time you laughed.
Héloïse: You took your time being funny.
Marianne: That's true. I wasted time.
Héloïse: I wasted time too. I'll remember the first time I wanted to kiss you.
Marianne: When was that?
Héloïse: You didn't notice?
Marianne: At the feast around the bonfire.
Héloïse: I wanted to, yes. But that wasn't the first time.
Marianne: Tell me.
Héloïse: No, you tell me.
Marianne: When you asked if I had known love. I could tell the answer was yes. And that it was now.
Héloïse: I remember.

 

Marianne and Heloise Kiss in the Cave in Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019)
Marianne and Heloise Kiss


Noémie Merlant (as Marianne)

Adèle Haenel (as Héloïse)

Note: Céline Sciamma, director of #portraitofaladyonfire is in a relationship with Adèle Haenel who plays Héloïse in real life.

Read more about Portrait of a Lady on Fire on IMDb

Country of Origin: France

Genre: Drama

Language: French

Subtitles: English

Runtime: 120 minutes, 2 minute Trailer

Initial Release: 2019

Director: Céline Sciamma

Screenplay: Céline Sciamma

Other Links
Portrait of a Lady on Fire on Wikipedia
Portrait of a Lady on Fire on Rotten Tomatoes
Other Films by Céline Sciamma
Other Lesbian Interest Movies



    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lesbians Watch - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by ThemeXpose