WE WILL (2016) - Lesbian Interest Short Film Australia

Claire and Rachel


We Will (2016) is a lesbian interest short film set in Sydney, Australia which was made to promote awareness of gay marriage. It has received acclaim online and has been played at many marriage equality rallies.

Claire and Rachel in love in We Will (2016)


The short film concerns two young women Claire (Bianca Bradey from Starting Now) and Rachel (Madeleine Withington) who meet on a blind date and decide to pursue a relationship.

Claire and Rachel We Will (2016) Before you I never understood love

"Before you I never really understood love.
All those songs. All those films.
But then again, before you, I didn't understand how full my heart could feel."

We Will follows Claire and Rachel as a couple on variety of dates. We witness their intimacy build from their first tentative kiss to their wedding day when they have the opportunity to publically declare their love to friends and loved ones.

"Love seemed like madness
I honestly couldn't understand why anyone would put themselves through so much suffering
But then I met you
And I knew I would put up with endless misery
If it meant I could have you.
I'd climb mountains. I'd cross oceans.
You were my world."

This a sweet yet intense short film that is able to say so much in a few short minutes. It is told using a voice over alongside the beautiful melody of Stones by Bec Sandridge. This romantic short movie shines despite it's shoestring budget and is in the words of director Laura Nagy "a love letter to love itself."


Bianca Bradey - as Claire

Madeleine Withington - as Rachel

Country of Origin: Australia

Genre: Drama / Romance

Language: English

Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Italian

Runtime: 3.17 minutes full short movie

Release Date: 2016

Director: Laura Nagy

Written By: Samuel Leighton-Dore and Nirrimi Firebrace


Other Links
Star Observer Article About We Will (2016) Short Film as Champion for Gay Marriage
Director Laura Nagy We Will (2016) Short Film Insights
Other Short Films of Lesbian Interest

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Lesbians Watch - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by ThemeXpose